I am an easy going, positive software engineer who specializes in front-end technologies. I hold a strong passion for community and teamwork/collaboration. Additionally, I am very eager to learn new technologies and have a compelling desire to expand my knowledge and grow as a software engineer. My past experience of working as a server, and kitchen lead, have helped me develop strong communication skills across a number of teams in fast-paced, high-stress environments, as well as the ability to be flexible and adapt to uncertain, or unexpected situations. Furthermore, my experience working as a product manufacturer and researcher at a supplement based, nutraceutical company advanced my problem-solving skills to think outside of the box, and enhanced the way I use my resources, such as knowing when to reach out for help or ask questions, and how to tackle and breakdown a seemly unmanageable task. With these tools from my past experiences, along with the tools I've learned at Turing School of Software and Design, I hope to prove my ability as not only a software engineer, but as someone who is dedicated to their team's learning and growth just as much as their own. As with time, I would like to expand my knowledge into back end technologies and become a full stack software engineer.
- Denver, CO
- Online Media
- Software Architecture
- User Experience Design / UX
- User Interface Design / UI
An app for users who take the air quality into consideration for planning out there day.
User's are able to:
- View their current location OR view a location of their choosing.
- View the air quality and other information regarding the location of their choosing.
- Save locations to view them again easily.
- Educate themselves on what air quality is, what factors play into air quality, and other information regarding our application.
Learn, and implement, PWA (progressive web application) technology to give the application a more native app feel, along with implementing service workers to support offline functionality.
End-to-end and integration testing done with Cypress.
This project was built in a span of 12 days.
An app that allows users view category-specific charities that are local to the area of their choosing.
User's are able to:
- Select a city of their choosing that's within the US.
- Choose from a list of categories to find charities that focus on that specific topic.
- View specific charities information based off their search.
- Go to a specific charity's official website.
- Build an app that's "bulletproof." The main emphasis for me was to cover all user's paths and ensure that all error handling was handled properly for a seamless UX. This includes a 404 page and features that aren't accessible without going to the main dashboard.
- Create an app that reflects my own passion of community involvement and supporting others.
- End-to-end and integration testing done with Cypress.io
This project was built in a span of 5 days.
- Create dynamic data visualization that user's are able to interact with for an engage-able UI (user interface). Learned, and implemented, D3.js to create these graphs.
Unit testing using Mocha and Chai.