Athletic director and Alpine ski coach turned software developer looking to bring collaboration and leadership skills to a dynamic team. Proven track record of building ideas from the ground up and executing at a competitive level. Passionate about building well-tested applications that meet client needs.
- Carbondale, CO
- Grand Junction, CO
- Louisville, CO
- Boulder, CO
- Denver, CO
- Miami, FL
- Boston, MA
- Portland, OR
- Nashville, TN
- Seattle, WA
- Computer Networking
- Education Management
- Leisure, Travel & Tourism
- Non-Profit Organization Management
- Professional Training & Coaching
- Adobe Photoshop
- Continuous Integration
- User Authentication
- Visual Studio
- Software Architecture
- Continuous Integration
- User Experience Design / UX
- User Interface Design / UI
Tribe is a location-based friendship exploration app that uses technology to connect lonely people based on their interest compatibility. Unlike other social media platforms--which are known to increase feelings of isolation and anxiety--Tribe emphasizes the creation of interest-based communities and natural conversations instead of the posting of over-curated images in shallow news feeds.
- Demonstrate knowledge gained throughout Turing.
- Use an agile process to turn well-defined requirements into deployed and production-ready software
- Gain experience dividing applications into components and domains of responsibilities to facilitate multi-developer teams.
- Service-oriented architecture concepts and patterns.
- Practice an advanced, professional git workflow including a Pull Request Review
- Build applications that execute in development, test, CI, and production environments
- Focus on communication between front-end and back-end teams in order to complete and deploy features that have been outlined by the project spec
501cFree is an application built by students to give web developers a philanthropic means to gain experience. We help developers connect with non-profits to assist them with web development projects
- Present an MVP application using a Rails FE and Rails BE communicating through APIs
- Practice Agile Workflow: Plan, Design, Develop, Test, Deploy, Review, Launch
- Consume 2 external APIs, the project used Calendly API, and Charity_Navigator API
For this project, the goal was to build an application to explore movies and create a viewing party event for you and other users of this application.
- Consume JSON APIs that require authentication
- Test consumption of APIs (facade,service,poros)
- Organize and refactor code to be more maintainable
- Apply RuboCop’s style guide for code quality
- Deploy to Heroku